Saturday, March 6, 2010

Work

I have to go back to being a productive member of the financial world again on Monday and I'm having a hard time with it. I have already broken down in tears once today. Brad keeps trying to tell me it will be ok, but the thought of leaving my little, sweet, precious baby at daycare for 9-10 hours a day just eats me up inside. So to try to make myself feel a tiny bit better I am posting a list of 10 things I like about my job.

1) The paycheck. Duh.

2) I honestly really like most of my coworkers.

3) I get to go on a 2-2.5 mile walk around the St. Louis arch everyday at lunch with my boss.

4) Fruit day. Every Monday and Wednesday the company has fruit stocked in every break room. Its great. They also always have yogurt available for us.

5) I get to talk to adults on a daily basis

6) I am good at what I do and honestly like my job more than I don't like my job.

7) The paycheck. Shucks, I already said that...ummm....ok, the annual bonus ;)

8) My cubicle. Yeah, maybe this is a weird one, but it is my little space. I keep it tidy because I like it that way and have pictures of my family to cheer me up, so yep I like my cubicle.

9) The free box tickets I occasionally get to Cardinals and Blues games.

10) Getting to learn new things. Maybe a bit cheesy sounding, but I like learning about the developments that are occurring in financial reporting and how they affect my company. Since I work for a Fortune 500 company that is considered an accelerated filer, we are always in the first group to have to submit new types of filings. It keeps me on my toes.

With all of those things I still get teary-eyed when I think about leaving this little guy on Monday morning.

4 comments:

  1. He looks like Brad in this photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I totally understand! I have another 2 weeks off but am already having a hard time thinking about going back. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. Luckily I am only working 1/2 days on Monday and Tuesday, but still...

    ReplyDelete